At System Management Services Sdn Bhd (“SMS”) we recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA 2010”).
This Privacy Statement describes SMS’ general privacy practices that apply to personal information we collect, use and share about our clients, business partners, supplier and other organizations with which SMS has or contemplates a business relationship as well as the individuals working for them.
We may collect your personal information as an individual for various purposes, such as the following:
- Access and use of websites or other online service
- When entering one of our websites, or using an online service, we will record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of the website and for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating our website, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number, passwords, IP address and browser settings. We may also collect information about your activities during your visit such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, domain names, your IP address, access times, referring Web site addresses, the screen resolution of your browser, your ISP, which pages you view on the website and the time and duration of your visits to the website in order to personalize your website experience, such as recording your preferences and settings, and to collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our websites, products and services. We may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
- User Communications
- If you communicate with SMS, SMS may collect information relating to that communication whether it takes the form of filling out forms on our websites (including any application you may make for our services or the software), corresponding with us via e-mail, writing to us by post, speaking to us by telephone, forum posting, testimonials, or any other form of communication between you and SMS. (collectively, “User Communications”).
- SMS encourages you to review the privacy statements of web sites you choose to link to from SMS and SMS family of web sites so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share your information. SMS shall not be responsible for the privacy statements or other content on web sites outside of SMS and SMS family of web sites.
- Responding to your
request for information, order, or support
- When you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information, to order a product or service, to provide you with support, or to participate in a forum or other social computing tool, we collect information necessary to fulfill your request, to grant you access to the product or service, to provide you with support and to be able to contact you. For instance, we collect your name, contact information such as telephone number and e-mail address, company name, postal address, national identification number, passport number, credit card number or tax ID number as well as similar information concerning technical contacts, marketing contacts, and executive contacts within your company or organisation (if applicable), details about your request and your agreement with us and the fulfillment, delivery and invoicing of your order and we may include client satisfaction survey information. We retain such information for administrative purposes, defending our rights, to create and authenticate your account, to process transactions you request in order to perform any contract you have entered into with SMS, to provide you with customer and technical support and to communicate with you about your account and SMS’ products and services and in connection with our relationship with you.
- Contacting employees of
our clients, prospects, partners and suppliers
- In our relationship with clients or prospects, partners and suppliers, they also provide us with business contact information (such as name, business contact details, position or title of their employees, contractors, advisors and authorized users) for purposes such as contract management, fulfillment, delivery of products and services, provision of support, invoicing and management of the services or the relationship.
- Server Information
- If you use one of our services, SMS may collect certain information concerning such services and concerning the server upon which the services operates. This information includes without limitation: the licensed or unlicensed status of the software used under the services, the source from which the license for the software was obtained or information about the server upon which the software is installed including the public IP address, the operating system and the use of any virtualization technologies on such server (“Server Information”). Additionally, “Server Information” may also include information collected by SMS from time to time concerning which features of the software are most often used in order to improve and make adjustments to the software; and information collected from you by SMS in the event that you request technical support services including without limitation, IP addresses, usernames and passwords necessary to login to SSH, the directory of the server upon which you installed the software and any affected accounts including email accounts, MySQL accounts and other accounts.
- Non-Personal Information
- SMS also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. SMS may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
- Visitor information
- We register individuals visiting our office (name, identification and business contact information) and use camera supervision for reasons of security and safety of persons and belongings, as well as for regulatory purposes.
- Most information we collect about you comes from our direct interactions with you. When you register for an event we may collect information (online or offline) in relation to the event organization, and during an event, such as participation in sessions and survey results. We combine the personal information we collect to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence for conducting our business and for marketing purposes. You can choose to receive information by email, telephone or postal mail about our products and services. When visiting our websites or using our services we may provide you with personalized information.
- Where we reference that we use your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement or development of our products or services, for reasons of safety and security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do this on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, or with your consent. From time to time, SMS may use your personal information to send important notices, such as important product updates and communications about purchases as well as changes to SMS’ terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important for your interaction with SMS, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- Sharing of Personal
- At SMS we only grant access to personal information on a need-to-know basis, necessary for the purposes for which such access is granted. Where appropriate, SMS may share your personal information with selected partners to help us provide you, or the company you work for, products or services, or to fulfill your requests, or with your consent. When selecting our suppliers and partners, we take into account their data handling processes.
- Please be aware that in certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Information Security and Accuracy
- In order to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy, SMS implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
- Retention Period
- We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Disclosure Of Personal Information
- SMS will not otherwise disclose its customers’ personal and account information unless SMS has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of SMS, SMS customers, or others, or where SMS has a good faith belief that the law requires such disclosure.
- SMS cannot be responsible for protecting your personal information if you share such information in publicly available sections of the Website such as the user forums or testimonials section. You should use your own judgment in disclosing this information on the Website.
- SMS also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that SMS stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which SMS will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:it is necessary in order to provide service to the customer;
- it is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of SMS and its customers;
- it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that SMS determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by SMS and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
- SMS disclaims any intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. SMS will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm SMS, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which SMS may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violations of SMS policies.
- SMS may disclose your personal information to affiliated third parties that assist SMS in providing maintaining, evaluating, improving and providing the website, the Services and any other SMS products and services. SMS may disclose your personal information to affiliated third parties for the purposes of offering, marketing or advertising SMS products and services to you (such SMS products and services may reference, incorporate or include third-party products and services). In such an event, SMS will take reasonable measures to prevent such affiliated third parties from using your personal information for other purposes.