You've get questions, we've got answers
ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore is a solution that integrates backup, disaster recovery, AI-based protection against malware and ransomware, remote desktop, and security tools in a single agent. It allows you to protect all the data, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.
We are happy to introduce Acronis ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore 15 – an AI-powered integration of Data Protection and Cybersecurity. Acronis ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore 15 integrates backup, disaster recovery, AI-based malware and ransomware protection, remote desktop, and security tools in a single solution.
- Anti-malware protection
- URL filtering
- Vulnerability assessment
- Patch management
- Data protection map (data discovery)
- Windows Defender Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essentials management
The features are supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows: Windows 7 and later, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
- Windows Defender Antivirus management is supported on Windows 8.1 and later.
- Linux: CentOS 7.x, CentOS 8.0, Virtuozzo 7.x, Acronis Cyber Infrastructure 3.x.
- Other Linux distributions and versions might also support the Cyber Protect features, but have not been tested.
- macOS: 10.13.x and later (only Antivirus & Antimalware protection is supported).
*The Cyber Protect features are only supported for machines on which a protection agent is installed. For virtual machines protected in agentless mode, for example by Agent for Hyper-V, Agent for VMware, or Agent for Scale Computing, only backup is supported.
Yes, ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore incorporates anti-malware and anti-virus solution for full-stack protection against malware, plus AI-based ransomware and cryptomining defenses.
If your machine is already protected with a third-party antivirus solution at the moment of applying the Antivirus and Antimalware protection module to the machine, the system will generate an alert and will stop the on-access protection in order to prevent potential compatibility and performance issues. You will need to either disable or uninstall the third-party antivirus solution, in order to enable fully functional antivirus and antimalware protection that comes with ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore.
ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore uses .tibx backup format, in which each backup chain (a full or differential backup, and all incremental backups that depend on it) is saved to a single .tibx file. This format leverages the speed of the incremental backup method, while avoiding its main disadvantage–difficult deletion of outdated backups. The software marks the blocks used by outdated backups as “free” and writes new backups to these blocks. This results in extremely fast cleanup, with minimal resource consumption.
Each backup chain (a full or differential backup, and all incremental backups that depend on it) is saved to a single .tibx file. This type of archive has a in-built deduplication mechanism. Blocks that are similar to the ones that already present under the archive won’t be backed up
Yes, ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restoreincludes centralized and remote management of backups to facilitate protection of all the data that resides on-premises, in remote locations, in private or public clouds, and on mobile devices.
- Disks/volumes of physical and virtual machines
- Files (physical machines only)
- ESXi configuration
- System state (in cloud deployments only)
- SQL databases
- Exchange databases and mailboxes
- Microsoft 365 mailboxes
You can back up data to various physical storage:
- Cloud storage (Backups will be stored in the cloud data center)
- Local folders
- Network folder (shared via SMB/CIFS/DFS)
- NFS folder (available for machines running Linux or OS X)
- Secure Zone (available if it is present on each of the selected machines). For more information, refer to “About Secure Zone”.
The following schemes can be set:
- Always incremental (single-file)
- Always full
- Weekly full, Daily incremental
- GFS (Monthly full, Weekly differential, Daily incremental)
You can choose one of the following options to specify how long to keep backups created by the backup plan:
- By backup age (default)
- By number of backups
- By total size of backups (not available with the Always incremental backup scheme, or when backing up to the cloud storage, an SFTP server, or a tape device)
- Keep backups indefinitely
Yes, databases are fully accessible during backup. ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore creates a snapshot of entire database (or entire disk with database, depending on the type of backup selected) and then records the contents of the snapshot inside the backup archive. Thus the database is available during the entire backup process, as all the data is copied during snapshot and ATZO Cloud Plus Backup and Restore no longer requires access to the database.
Yes, granular recovery can be performed to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and later. The source backup may contain databases of any supported Exchange version.
Yes, physical-to-virtual migration is available in Acronis Cyber Protect 15. This operation can be performed if at least one Agent for VMware or Agent for Hyper-V is installed and registered.